<insert Hallelujah Chorus (or something a scoche less dramatic>
For starters, I recommend an assortment of hashtags (there are others, as listed by the good folks at the Micropoets Society):
- #micropoetry — short poems that may not follow a set form
- #poetweet — short poems or sometimes just word strings that sound sorta poetic or that sounded inspiring to the Tweeter who fancies him/herself a poet…no guarantees in poetry or Twitter, I reckon
- #monostich — one-line poems
- #senryu — similar to haiku but more about humans than nature
- #haiku — you know what haiku are, right?
Search these hashtags and odds are you’ll find someone whose voice inspires you to follow. (And you’re welcome, of course, to follow me. I occasionally Tweet poetic myself.)
Go ahead…give it a try. #Idareyou.